Monday 25 July 2011

Fashion Hearts Pink at the LuvLi Ladies' Show

Yesterday I attended the LuvLi Ladies' Show at the Gladstone Hotel, where my childhood friend planned and hosted her first event and launched her own women's lifestyle magazine.

"AnKe" and Lisa Sterling at the LuvLi Ladies Show
 
The Premier Issue of LuvLi Magazine

Your girl, Miss Fyne & Fab chick herself wrote the "I'm a Survivor" article, which is about Leila Springer, a 12 year cancer survivor and the president of The Olive Branch of Hope Breast Cancer Support Services and the World Foundation on Breast Cancer, two non-profit organizations in Ontario.

I was also the centerfold model and writer of "Turn Over A New Leaf", an article about fashion accessories trends for the fall season.
 
Centerfold Model: LuvLi Ladies' Magazine

My Personal Favourite


















I was not impressed when I saw that there was a grammatical error in the "Metal Mayhem" section thanks to an editor doing a less than "luvli" job editing my work.  My original work did NOT have that error (yes, I checked).  Someone should have edited the editor! Argh! That makes me look bad because my name is attached to the article. Sooooo unimpressed. (insert screw face here)

On a brighter note I, too, had a major "first" yesterday.  Remember the bowl of pearls from the Beadazzled for Breast Cancer post? I transformed them into what I call the Fashion Hearts Pink collection, designed to raise awareness and support women diagnosed with breast and gynecological cancers.

Fashion Hearts Pink

Last year this time I never even entertained the thought that I would be making my own jewellery, and making it to support a cause greater than myself.  As numerology would have it, this is truly my Year of Expansion!

No comments:

Post a Comment