Friday 8 July 2011

Beadazzled for Breast Cancer

For many years I have done a lot of lip service saying I wanted to learn how to make my own jewellery. All talk, no action...until now.

My childhood friend Lisa Sterling, Sway Magazine account exec turned entrepreneur is planning an event, The LuvLi Ladies Show "where fashion meets healthcare" this month, July 24th.  It will feature Stacey McKenzie, supermodel and runway coach on Canada's Next Top Model among other noteworthy guests and speakers.

Additionally, the event will promote breast cancer awareness on behalf of the The Olive Branch of Hope Breast Cancer Support Services, a community-based non-profit organization, helping E.A.S.E the lives of women with breast and gynecologic cancers. (Educate, Advocate, Support and Empower!)

I had a bright idea: why not use this event as an opportunity to get crafty and raise money at the same time? I will make cute, breast cancer inspired jewellery, sell it at the event, and donate the proceeds to The Olive Branch of Hope!

As spokesperson and resource development manager for TOBOH I'm always thinking of new ways to promote the organization and support such a worthy cause. It's a win-win situation.

"Beadazzled" for Breast Cancer
Between now and July 24th, I embark on an adventure to turn these beads into beautiful earrings and bracelets. I picked out pink beads (for breast cancer), turquoise beads (for gynecologic cancer) and white beads to be used as accents.

I will share the fyne and fabulous "Designs by Anke" in the weeks to come. I am très excitée!

No comments:

Post a Comment